We believe every body should be able to wear A.BCH, simple as that.
Bodies come in all shapes, forms and sizes that fall outside of a "conventional" sizing range – a range that can be the cause of purchase regret, fit issues and waste.
That's why we offer a service to alter or customise most of our garments to meet your needs. Be it a wider waist, a longer hem or any other custom fit.
We understand the process can be daunting initially, but we're here to help.
There are three ways to book custom or bespoke garments.
1. Simply select size "C" on any product page when you shop online. We'll be in touch for details of your customisation afterwards. Virtual/in-person fittings are also available if need be, post purchase. Shop all Custom products here.
2. Want to touch and feel the pieces first? Book an in-person try-on appointment with us at our West Melbourne showroom and studio where we can discuss customisation options together and take any measurements required to complete your order.
3. Book a wardrobe consultation (in person or virtual) for a personalised experience and customisations across several garments. We can keep it simple or we can provide a wardrobe audit and outfit matrix on request.
Read more about each service, as well as fees below. Questions? Get in touch.
If you love our pieces but know that you'll need a customisation, all you need to do is order size 'C' from any product page when you shop online and we'll be in touch to find out what you'd like to adjust including offering a virtual fitting if you need it. This option is great for people comfortable with measuring themselves (we'll still be there to guide you through it).
Generally, customisations are free of charge at the time of ordering. Shop all Custom products here.
How Long Does it Take?
Once we have finalised your customisation requests and received all requested measurements, please allow 2-3 weeks for us to finish your garment/s plus delivery time. We'll let you know by email when your pieces are completed.
Try On Appointments (in person)
To see our range in person and to get your measurements taken professionally, book in a complimentary try-on appointment and browse our showroom in West Melbourne. Please note, appointments are subject to availability.
Looking for a customised wardrobe that fits you perfectly? Our founder Courtney is passionate about helping everybody find the perfect pieces for them, offering design and technical expertise as well as advice on styling, fit and proportion. Courtney is experienced in co-design for sensory and accessibility adaptations and is open to all kinds of customisation requests.
No matter your reason for building a custom wardrobe with us, we can help curate a personal wardrobe to help you feel your authentic self. We charge a modular consultation fee (even our consultations are customisable!) to make the process as accessible as possible.
Custom Wardrobe Pricing:
Initial 1hr Consultation (refunded from your final purchase cost should your total order meet or exceed $1000 AUD): $250 AUD
– 30min Wardrobe Audit (completed together + delivered as an editable Google Sheet): $250 AUD
– Outfit Matrix (designed post consult + delivered as a downloadable PDF): $350 AUD
You can enquire about booking an in-person or virtual appointment for a Wardrobe Consultations with Courtney here.
With in-house production and circular design at our core, we can create customised uniform options for like-minded partners. From plastic-free shirting to unique aprons or genderless ensembles for your team, we're able to produce a variety of solutions for different budgets, units and design requirements. Get in touch to discuss your project with us.
Good to know:
- We can accomodate most customisation requests for no extra charge, however fundamentally altering the design of a garment might incur additional pattern making charges and not all design changes may be possible or recommended. We’re more than happy to workshop this with you!
- Adding more than 20% of additional fabric length to a style may incur an additional cost to cover the extra fabric. Note that extensions or reductions in sizing will not incur additional fabric charges. For example, if you need a 5XL shirt, this customisation would be free of charge. However, if you’d like to make that shirt into a dress by increasing the length over 20% of the original garment length, we will need to charge the additional cost of the fabric.
We will always advise you before we commence production if there will be an extra cost.